- Muad’dib powers to WV Breeders’ Classic repeat
Muad’dib prevailed for the second straight year in the WV Breeders’ Classic, this time in a hard-fought battle against longshot Martin Man.
- Hessica scores in WVBC Cavada
The improving Hessica scored an exciting win in the Cavada for owner-trainer-breeder Kristy Petty.
- Penguin Power earns fourth WVBC victory
Penguin Power entered the WVBC record books, winning the Dash for Cash for his fourth WVBC triumph.
- Historic night for Raim, Runco, Boca
Owner David Raim, trainer Jeff Runco, and rider Arnaldo Bocachica dominated the WVBC card and wrote their names in the history books.
- Big night for broodmare Miss Henny Penny
With a pair of winners on the card — and promising newcomers on the way — broodmare Miss Henny Penny was the surprise star of the WVBC.
- Muad’dib proves best in WVBC Classic
Muad’dib remained undefeated with a victory in the West Virginia Breeders’ Classic, his eighth win without a defeat.
- Star of Night scores in WVBC Cavada
Star of Night maintained her perfect 2021 record with a hard-fought win in the WVBC Cavada.
- Owner David Raim hoping for big WVBC night
Owner David Raim will send out three runners on Breeders’ Classics night that may go off favored in their events.
- Fancy Her Up flashes major talent
On a night featuring two stakes for juveniles, Fancy Her Up dazzled in winning the Rachel’s Turn Stakes.
- WVBC contenders coming into focus
The August 31 Charles Town Classic card at that track not only was its biggest night but it also helped bring into focus the upcoming WV Breeders’ Classics.
- John McKee’s really big night
John McKee had some kind of WVBC night this year, as the owner of two winners, trainer of two winners, breeder of two winners, and owner of stallion Fiber Sonde, the sire of five winners.
- Awsome Faith rallies for Classic stunner
Awsome Faith rallied from the rear of the field to post a 37-1 upset in the WV Breeders Classic — the second straight year the race produced a stunning upset.
- Bridging the Gap dominates in WVBC Cavada
Bridging the Gap, who nearly lost her career — and life — to EPM was a popular and dominant winner of the WV Cavada Breeders Classic.
- Favorites foiled in WVBC baby races
Big favorites had a tough night in two WVBC juvenile races.
- She Figures takes Distaff first off the claim
In her first start since being claimed, She Figures dominated the West Virginia Breeders’ Classic Distaff.
- Shocker! Castle Bound scores 68-1 upset in WV Breeders’ Classic
Castle Bound delivered a major shocker in the WV Breeders’ Classic, while the Cavada played to form, with Anna’s Bandit romping to victory at odds-on.
- Budding stars deliver on WVBC undercard
The undercard of the 2019 West Virginia Breeders Classics showcased a number of budding stars, including the exciting two-year-old Boundtobebad and improving three-year-old Parisian Diva.
- WVBC adds new sponsor
This Saturday’s West Virginia Breeders Classics will feature a new sponsor and its usual exciting nine-race card!
- Runnin’toluvya answers questions in emphatic Classic score
The one question Runnin’toluvya had not faced — whether he could get 1 1/8 miles — he answered emphatically in winning the WV Breeders Classic.
- Late Night Pow Wow prevails in Cavada thriller
In a thriller that was the race of the night, Late Night Pow Wow edged defending champ Moonlit Song in the WV Cavada Breeders Classic.